Votes
Eric Costa
  • Nutley, NJ
Votes |
Is there anything else I can be doing?

Eric Costa
  • Nutley, NJ
Posted Oct 31 2017, 14:53

New "Investor" from Northern, New Jersey.  I used quotes because I haven't actually invested yet.

1.) Since Finding bigger pockets in July, I've been stepping up my education game. Listening to the podcast, reading the books, etc.  

2.) I have since started classes for my real estate license. I have 7 more to go, and will be finished on December, 17th.

3.) Every Thursday I look over craigslist rental postings for the towns I have decided to look into (adjacent to where I live). I input all the        information into a spread sheet, and categorize by number of bedrooms.  Then use those numbers to find trends in the rentals. Averages, and types(Luxury, builder grade, # of rooms).  This was a tip I picked up from the podcast. 

4.) I have been in contact with my agent and started getting regular weekly updates of the Multi-family buildings on the markets.  I've also been trying to categorize their prices for my own "comp" database. Which I believe will help me see market trends in the future. I'm also slowly beginning to get a lay of the land.  Which parts of the towns are nicer, rental friendly, etc.

5.) I have spoken to a Lender and have a Pre-approval for 600k. FHA loan.

Does anyone have any other steps or tips i could be taking to help out?

Thanks for the input!

Loading replies...