Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Scott Rist
  • Investor
  • Placerville, CA
Votes |
I can move anywhere and starting buying...What do you suggest?

Scott Rist
  • Investor
  • Placerville, CA
Posted Nov 2 2017, 23:12

Hi folks,

Its been awhile since I've posted as I took the last year off to travel and take it easy after my last group of flips projects in Boise.

I'm in a position now where I would like to get started again in RE and looking for a new investment market/home base to do that in.  I'm currently back in Northern CA and was in Boise, but don't plan to get started in either market.

I'm ready to start buying and holding as well as finding a place with a great quality of life for myself.  I'm single with no family, about 250k to work with, and an additional 2k/month from a side business that takes up none of my time.  I'm really looking to commit to an emerging market for about 4-6 years and maybe move on to a new one.  We will see about that though.

Here goes:

1.  Somewhere with low to no state income tax.

2. Somewhere with prices near or under $100k (as I have $250k to start with and would like to work on a few projects at a time)

3. A large (1/2 mil+) metro area with smaller surrounding towns (as I personally enjoy living in a small town, but like to conveniences and investment opportunities of a city)

4. Somewhere progressive, healthy, outdoorsy, and young. (I'm a 33 year old, leftish, whitewater kayaker, and do a lot of yoga if that helps)

5.  Somewhere with good weather at least most of the year.  I still plan on traveling most winters, but would also prefer not insanely hot/humid summers.

Basically, I'm just looking for ideas for places with a good quality of life, low cost of living, low entry to investment properties.  

Hopefully I'm not being to vague.

Looking forward to what you all have to say.

Scott

Loading replies...