Just Getting Started

4 Replies

I just signed up to BP and cannot unglue my eyes from the screen! So much knowledge and insight, almost infinite! I'm 30 years old, currently living in San Antonio, TX, and I'm looking for a career change. I've always been interested in Real Estate Investments,but lately I just can't stop thinking about it. I have no experience whatsoever, but I do have a craving for knowledge and guidance, with a little over $15k in savings to get me started. As of right now, my passion seems to burn for flipping houses. Any help or advice whatsoever would be greatly appreciated! Oh, and I've never posted to a forum before, so if I'm the millionth person with this same exact post, I apologize in advance haha. 

Knowledge is key. There is plenty of knowledge here. Soak it all up. Get into some local groups. Alamo Investors is a good one. Its about $200 per year. I have one that is free. Info is on my profile.

Talk with others and ask them what they do. You will be surprised how much knowledge you can gain just by taking someone to lunch.

Hey @Anthony Barber flipping is a very advanced strategy. I recommend partnering with successful investors that do what you want to do. Like @Rick Pozos said you do this by going to local real estate groups. I have one on the 3rd Tuesday of every month. Also, reach out to anyone here that’s doing what you want to do.

Will people at those meetings even take me seriously since I have no experience and not very much knowledge? That’s the only thing that worries me about going.

Nobody is going to take you serious  if they don't know you . The only way they are going to get to know you is if you're at the meetings  meeting people. 

bring your strength to the group. Right now your strength is going to be showing up and doing the groundwork that needs to get done to find deals. Listen and learn from others.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here