Now this is a class act those starting out may want to hear this

2 Replies

I got a very nice thank you card in the mail hand written by a person I meet on BP.

we have looked at a couple deals that are all within a few miles of my home/office.

I also helped him with what to look out for and how to ask the right questions at the city regarding development

he sent me this nice thank you note as from what I could take from it my suggestions were helpful to him.

So many others on BP write PM's and just expect since we are on here to give out all sorts of detailed information like its some sort of obligation..  and I used to do that .. but half the time I never got as much as a thank you. So unless its something I am really interested in I don't do that anymore.

Bottom line if you have a mentor who is helping you.. a personal card like I got today in the mail is very nice.. And of course I will continue to assist if asked or some day fund a deal for him

@Jay Hinrichs This is something that I taught my children and now my grandchildren.  The common courtesy of saying thank you and showing appreciation.  No matter how much we help people without any expectation of anything in return, it is real nice when takes the effort to say thank you.  The old fashioned snail mail handwritten card means much more than an electronic thank you.  Good job Jay, for reminding us of simple good manners.  

In addition, you will remember that person above and beyond others, and maybe an opportunity will come up that you may pass onto that person.

@Jeff Greenberg   its funny how the real estate industry has reverted to hiding behind text messaging.

virtually every agent you call will have a VM that says for " faster response text me" I get it... but me personally I rarely look at my text and if someone text me it could be a week before I see it.. those that do business with me know this.

Although one of my vendors MADE me get on Whats APP I was able to figure that out. it works good as we have international clients and its free.. and really it does work pretty good..

It is a lost art though no doubt...

Hopefully some of those starting out might think about this when they are dealing with Mentors or money folks that could be old like me  and kind of stuck in the 70's :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here