Driving For Dollars in Pittsburgh

6 Replies

Hello BiggerPockets, my name is Jonathan Garrett and i am jumping into wholesaling. I plan on sending out 300 yellow letters a month. I will up my marketing to direct mail once I get more capital. 

I have discovered a problem with researching the owners of the addresses. I know to use skip trace when a home is vacant but what do I do with property that is boarded up? Thank you for your responses.

What I have done in the past is I have had a realtor pull the information about the property owner. Then from that I can take the address and send the mailers out to them from there.

If the property is boarded up, chances are it's vacant right?  A good skip tracing service will get you the info you need.  Definitely check the county site to make sure it's not bank or city, etc.  owned first.  

If you have any questions about wholesaling or whatever, feel free to send me a msg anytime.

I always start out checking the county sites, first the assessment site then I check for deeds and mortgages. If you can't get a name from that then try doing a reverse address search on TruePeopleSearch(it's free). If you get names off the country sites you can usually get some numbers off of TruePeopleSearch and you might get lucky and get their current number or you might get a relatives number.

I want to start this off with thank you so very much for replying back to me @Antoine Martel, @Mike Pastor, and @Ryan kunzmann. 

@Antoine Mattel & @Ryan Kunzmann I already checked the county site and received the owners mailing address but it came back as the subject property  but I will try an agent and Truepeoplesearch.com. thank you.

@Mike Pastor I will be sure to message you with any questions. Thank you for making yourself available for my questioning. I greatly appreciate it. 

@Jonathan Garrett - please add me to your buyer pool. Would be great to hear about any properties you’re trying to wholesale.

@Jason Cohen- I will absolutely add you to my buyer's list. I will send you a couple questions via email. Talk to you shortly and thank you.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here