Wholesaling Start - Do I need a Mentor / Partner / Coach?

3 Replies

No, I'm not scared, but I do need a plan and possibly a coach or partner.

Below is what I have to begin:

1.) $4500 to put into my business.
2.) Fair Credit (640) with a BK two years ago
3.) Great Paying Job, but can't answer my phone from 6:00 am to 2:30 pm.

With all that said, there are so much advice on marketing strategies that my head is spinning. I don't have much money and my time is a little limited because of my work. 

What I really need is a successful wholesaler to coach me in the beginning, but I don't want to pay thousands.
Can someone offer up someone who can work with me who is doing wholesale now? Maybe I can pay someone by the hour. I just need someone in the beginning and I have to be mindful of my funds. 

There is one guy in my down of Pensacola. He's a pilot and he's killing it. I want Pensacola to know that there is another serious investor in town. 

What is wholesailing?

I could give you some advise on how to get started. I created the relationships with people that were successful without taking too much of their time. BP is a good forum. Lots will steer you to videos but a coach will be good. Stay away from the gurus. They want thousands.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.