Negotiating a contract

2 Replies

I was wondering something about the negotiation process. If you put an offer in on a property (say $90k) and the other party counters say $10,000 higher. Is it better to return to them (If you want to get it at $95k) with a counter of $95k, or to meet their $100k and ask for $5k cash back upon closing??

I guess basically what I'm wondering is which deal is a better one for me? If I get it at $100k (plus $5k cash back) I'm thinking I pay a higer property tax??? Is that right? :idea:

Hey Sam...

As far as negotiating goes... check out Chester Karass, Effective Negotiating. I attended a seminar last year by one of his reps and it was one of the BEST things I ever did!! Karrass.com is the website. I think it cost me around $800 or so and was a two day seminar. I cannot tell you how much I have referred back to it on a day to day basis. Good luck.

Jared

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you