Calling out Maryland Investors

6 Replies

Are there any local wholesalers or investors in the area on Germantown MD or anywhere close by? I haven’t been able to find anyone in the business in my area. Also what are some good places to meet local investors and how can you tell if they are legit or not?

@Ned Carey would probably be able to tell ya! He gives pretty good advice in reference to REIA.

Check out the Gaithersburg Meetup (Though now technically located in Rockville)

https://www.meetup.com/Gaithersburg-BP-Real-Estate-Meetup

Russell Brazil, Real Estate Agent in Maryland (#648402), Virginia (#0225219736), District of Columbia (#SP98375353), and Massachusetts (#9​0​5​2​3​4​6)
(301) 893-4635

@Kenny Kamdoum  

I grew up in Gaithersburg so very familiar with your area.  The reason you will not find a lot of wholesalers out your way is because there is much more volume and margins closer to DC.  The Germantown, Gaithersburg, Rockville, Frederick, wholesale deals are harder to come by.  

I have some properties in Montgomery County and have done a handful of deals in Frederick but you will find a lot more action closer to DC.  The meetup Russell mentioned is definitely legit and a great place to start.  I would begin networking and attending every meetup you can in the area.  Especially if you are going to make Germantown your target market.  

301-466-7432

Thank you very much! I’ll will make it a priority to attend every meeting that I can. 

@Kenny Kamdoum just do a search on meetup.com for real estate investing and you will find a TON of REI meetups in the DMV area. Of course each of them offer different things. Also what is your definition of "legit"? If you go to any of the meetups, you will meet wholesalers there. It doesn't mean that they have "wholesaled" a deal. Also the ones that have & are currently wholesaling deals, doesn't mean that they are ethical.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.