Real Estate Classes for Beginners - Recommendations?

5 Replies

Hi there, I want to get back to basics! Any online lessons or webinars you would suggest above all others as quintessential to the REI early experience?

In what area of expertise?

For me, getting my license was a launchpad to further training and opened up lots of doors.

This post has been removed.

Anything that is free.  Do not pay for education in this space, especially if you are going in with little to no knowledge about the industry, people will unfortunately try to take advantage of you (most Guru courses).

@Aaron Klatt , can't agree more, there is more than enough free education online to avoid having to pay up for a guru course!

Agreed with Steve Milford. Paying for your license gains a credential where then you get paid If that takes some up front money, it’s a small price to pay.

Personally, I also have a number of certificates from college-type programs. At least 3 of these did not require a BA prior. These are my areas of “masters study” where I could targe the areas of real estate that I wanted to learn, even though they don’t quite equal the credential of a Masters. (Hint: they’re still cheaper!)

I like school, and I appreciate that I can bolster my resume with my educational efforts. If you’re like me as opposed to a couple of other posters here, then look at your local colleges for construction, real estate, commercial, finance, zoning/land use or development certs. Don’t forget to also look at NAR, CCIM, SIOR, REFA, ULI, CRE, and other trade-group creds.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here