what are the top crm features needed for anybody in REI ?

2 Replies

I've been putting my leads info on excel sheets and some time on Apple notes / Reminders app, 

I usually call 5-20 prospective leads and it gets very difficult to manage them especially when I have to follow up on them next week. 

I wonder what are the top features that I should look for in a Real Estate CRM or App

I would think it would be dependent upon which REI strategy you are aiming for. I am looking at multi-family buy and hold, with some level of rehab required. For this, I would think I would want to know the following:

- Address (in addition, maybe the neighborhood/town/area) plus owner information

- Number of units (bed/bath count per unit)

- Expected rent for each (or total)

- Max purchase price to make the numbers work --> may need fields to add expected expenses, or make it one cumulative field

- Type of lead (MLS listing, distressed, foreclosure, wholesaler, etc)

- Stage of the deal (i.e. I would want to know if I've had a response from the owner, if we've had a preliminary number exchange, if I've sent 8 mailings, etc)

- If its an MLS listing, I'd want a link to the listing

- Date of most recent contact, and type of contact (mailing, phonecall, email, etc)

- If I identified it while driving for leads, I'd want to be able to upload photos against the lead

I have found that there is no ready-made simple solution here. The best solution I have found, is also the most simple, Google contacts, calendar, drive, and task list (that works with the calendar app).

It is in the cloud and accessible across multiple platforms. A follow-up system is nothing more than a dated to do list or calendar notifications. 

Whatever format used, it is really about being organized and search-able and then determining an indexed field. In my case, it is the property address usually.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.