Didn't get Any Deals last year through Wholesaling

4 Replies

I spent over 5k last year throughout 8 months of the previous year. I thought I had a few leads but nothing was an actual deal.My question is what are some ways to seal the deal ,get more calls, and what can I do if I missed calls and the seller doesn't leave a message. I want to save whatever I make off my deals and invest in rentals. what are your opinions about my process of trying to land deals?

In any business, it is important to have a great network of people that you can contact when need be. Build up your contact base. For both investors, and property sellers.

Then, if you are not already, become friends with someone who works with the town and gets lists of distressed properties or a real estate agent that can provide similar info. Scan craigslist, newspapers. Could also try driving or walking around town/city and seeing if there are any properties that are for sale by owner and door knock or contact them via sign info.

Thank you @Joseph Profaci I need to definitely network more and I will be taking your advice because I don't really have any contacts as of now

I'm not in the wholesale business and I don't know if it costs that much but def don't put out money on something that isn't bringing you results. 

I'm a real estate agent so I can see where my access to the multiple listing service and ability to find pre-foreclosures would be lucrative to put together deals for wholesaling. But for someone who doesn't have that access, it is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. 

I did a search on google so I could understand this concept a little better and I found a post from Bigger Pockets from the year 2006. 

Here is the link to that article:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2006/11/2...

This article may have some pertinent information to help you begin your career in wholesaling.

:-)

Have a nice evening

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.