Looking into the Florida Panhandle Area

8 Replies

Looking to connect with some investor friendly Real Estate Agents, Lenders, and Property Managers in the Florida Panhandle area (mostly Crestview, Niceville, or Fort Walton Beach area).

Also, wanted to see if there are any recommendations for investor friendly Real Estate Agents, Lenders, or Property Managers in the Florida Panhandle area that some investors would recommend?

I’m am currently scouting the market and want to get an idea of what some people are seeing in the area in regards to returns and cash flow.

I use Royal Palm Realty out of Mary Esther. Annette and Eileen have managed my properties since 2012 when I was stationed at Eglin. They also just helped me purchase and rehab another one that should be renting in a week or so. 

I’m holding out hope for more leads from other BPer’s here but I hope that helps. 

Annette and Eileen  at Royal Palm are awesome :)

@Milton Johnson Some other good property management companies are ERA Shalimar and Coastal Realty Services. Progressive Management is great also but I think will only take larger portfolios.

I recommend @Jerry Padilla as a lender specially if you are planning on using delayed financing exemption. Or if you want to stay local Bank of England mortgage is great.

I read your profile a little and if you are looking for the 2% rule those are going to be up in Crestview in C- or D areas. 

Typically investors in this area are looking to buy between the 7 and 8 cap range and their cash on cash returns are around 10-13% depending on leverage and repairs. 

@Arianne L. I will have to look into the delayed financing option, I don't know much about that.

Also, I don't think C- or D areas would be a good idea for long distance investing.

It wasn't in my profile, but 10-13% cash on cash return is my ideal return.

Looking at your profile, are you a wholesaler? If you don't mind, can you add my to your listing?  I can PM you as well.

I've just starting investing in the Palm Beach area in the summer of 2017 with two townhouses.  I've been using Rent Florida Reality with no complaints so far for property management.  The less I hear the better!

West Palm Beach is a great working class community however prices seem to be rising.

Originally posted by @Fahim Ahmad :

I've just starting investing in the Palm Beach area in the summer of 2017 with two townhouses.  I've been using Rent Florida Reality with no complaints so far for property management.  The less I hear the better!

West Palm Beach is a great working class community however prices seem to be rising.

Yeah the price to rent ratio is tough here. It's difficult to find cash flow.

How long have you been using Rent Florida Realty for property management?

@Brian Garrett  

I've been using them since August and they've been pretty good so far, especially with accounting.  They have also been very easy to deal with setting up appraisals and inspections, etc.

I think one of the most important things to me is the use of technology.  I'm dealing with a lender now that's absolutely HORRIBLE with communication, technology, email, etc. and didn't realize how much I valued it until this experience.

I'm viewing these West Palm investments right now as more long term addition to my retirement portfolio.

@Fahim Ahmad Awesome I'll keep them in mind for property management. What area of West Palm are your properties in? Single family? Multi-family? Feel free to message me directly if you don't want to bombard this thread.

West Palm Beach,FL has come a long way over the past year. The rent and values are extremely hard on the eyes sometimes. But the incomes in alot of the communities around here have been able to handle the increase in rental rates. Now some of the lower income areas though were landlords are trying to rent a 1/1 for 900 per month.... I have to wonder why they are having issues with payments and good tenants.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here