Randall Gonse
  • Chesapeake, VA
Votes |
Hello from Chesapeake, Va

Randall Gonse
  • Chesapeake, VA
Posted Feb 8 2018, 09:25

Hello Everyone,

I am writing you from Hampton Roads Virginia. I am a born and raised local of the area which is rare due to our high military population. Out of high school I cut my teeth in the Transportation industry both global and domestic, following the footsteps of my Grandfather who was well respected in the business. I had always had an interest in Real Estate as my Aunt had been a real estate agent ever since I can remember. So, after seven years of working behind the desk I decided to start my career in real estate by learning it from the agent side of things. 

I jumped into being an agent headlong and its been a great learning experience so far. My long term goal was always to transition into REI side of the business but I didn't want to jump into it too quickly. Being an agent helped me in learning market trends, neighborhood profiles, how to pull CMA's among many other things. I recently got a taste of this side of the business by purchasing a distressed REO for my family and I to fix and live in. The value was there and after only $15k in repairs we sit on $65k in equity. Now I am ready to get intentional with starting along the REI path. I have started listening to more BP podcasts, reading the UBG, and looking to get into the different books suggested on the site. I know I have much to learn and have reached out to someone who is a part of the local REI club here to see if mentoring would be a good step. I would love any suggestions on my journey to getting started. If there are any locals around my area I would love to hear from you also. As with my agent career I know this wont be a quick thing, but with preparation and hard work I believe this will start my journey to meet my ultimate goals for myself and my family.

Loading replies...