New to wholesaling in Pennsylvania.

12 Replies

Hello Bigger Pockets family, I've been lurking for some time and just joined this great community. I am starting out in wholesaling working towards fix and flip and rentals and would like to meet up with other investors in the Pennsylvania area. I have been reading and studying but would like to pick the minds of people with more experience than I. I would also be interested in assisting other wholesalers in exchange for hands on experience as well as possible JV deals, partnerships etc. I'm not looking for any handouts however I feel it's important to surround yourself with like minded people.

I am a born researcher and could sell snow to an Eskimo. I have a background in construction and contracting and plan on having my Pa real estate license by April as a friend of mine is a broker and has his own real estate company. I currently own my own property service company so my schedule is somewhat flexible. The main markets I'm interested in are Harrisburg PA, Reading Pa and Pottsville Pa but I'm up for meeting any wholesale investors in any Pa market.

Thanks everyone!

Welcome again @William

@William Warner ! REIA meetings and the local forums on this site are great places to network with others in the REI game.

Thank you Matt Motil , I am planning on going to the next REIA meeting as I just missed this months meeting. I am still trying to figure out how to connect with people close to me on this site, are there localized forums here by state?

if you click on browse forums there is a forum for local real estate. You can click through the Subforums to see if there is already one that exists near you. 

Originally posted by @Matt Motil :

if you click on browse forums there is a forum for local real estate. You can click through the Subforums to see if there is already one that exists near you. 

Thank you Matt.

I’m interested in wholesaling in Jersey City, New Jersey area. Do you guys know anything about a whole ceiling around here and if it’s legal?

Please excuse me for my auto correct typo errors earlier comment.

“I’m interested in wholesaling in Jersey City, New Jersey area. Do you guys know anything about a wholesaling around here and if it’s legal?”

Welcome to the BP family. I think that this is the best decision you can make. Let me know if I can help or give you some tips. My favorite thing to do that might be scary for most is Door Knocking or House Hunting. My best day was 14 homeowners in one day said yes I will sell you my house. In Southern California that's unheard of but where you are you can clean up.

@Sadrud-Din Williams thank you, wow 14 people gave you the nod to sell? That's incredible but I bet it felt pretty darn good. I have heard other people talking about door knocking as well, do you look for properties that looked distressed in some way or just go to certain areas and knock on every door?

That's a great question @william warner and yes I do look for properties that are a little weathered. The worst they are the better. You should check out "Door Knocking 101 with Sal Williams" on YouTube and tell me what you think. 

Wholesaling is a great way to break into the industry but it also take work and commitment too! One of my students hung up some bandits sign and off one sign did a wholesale deal in 3 weeks made $500k that he split with his buddy who found the deal so after fees he walked away with $216k. Not bad for  3 weeks of work right?

@Sadrud-Din Williams I will check out Door Knocking 101 for sure, thank you! I'm not scared of hard work and that's why I'm here, I'm not here to dabble I'm all in on REI. I'd be pretty darn happy walking away with $3k so making $216k would be a celebration!

I'm happy to help answer any questions you may have about the Harrisburg. As one of the other people have suggested, I would highly recommend going to a local REIA.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here