Starting out investor from Massachusetts

16 Replies

Hello everyone, my name is Dennis. I live in Massachusetts. Although I have been on this website on and off for the past couple of years I finally decided to make the commitment and start investing in RE. I think most of you have been there. It’s hard to sometimes get into something when you don’t know much about it. I am finding as I get older that the desire to have financial freedom is a worthy goal. I have done much research on best ways to accumulate wealth and every time I came to the conclusion the RE investing is the way to go. I am thankful that BP was created because it is so nice to socialize with like minded individuals. It’s nice to see that you can meet anyone on BP from a person doing investing on the side to a seasoned investor who does it full time. The possibilities are endless. I look forward to joining discussions, bouncing ideas, talking about different markets. Wish everyone much success.

Glad you’re taking this leap. Congrats

Dennis, Congrats on making the jump. I have been actively flipping and developing properties in the Greater Boston area since 2013 and it has been a great journey. I too made the commitment to do real estate full time back in 2012 and wouldn't turn back. I've learned a ton along the way on my journey and my goal is financial freedom too. 

@Patrick Wheeler Thank you! I am more of a buy and hold type. I have been noticing the in certain areas in MA, that you definitely pay a premium for turn key properties. Definitely going to look into more strategies. 

@Dennis Medina Welcome to BP. You have certainly come to the right place to learn about RE investing. There are a ton of local investors on here too which is great and local meetups. 

@Dennis Medina Welcome! Congrats on making the jump into real estate.

What part of MA are you looking for buy and hold?

We host a local meet up once a month (Boston Real Estate Connection). 

@Enis Shehu Thank you! I’m currently looking in the Fitchburg/ Springfield area. I’m definitely interested in the meetup. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here