• Professional
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
Hey, What do I say? ...

Jerome Harrod II
  • Professional
  • Baltimore, MD
Posted Aug 17 2010, 10:43

Alright, I have committed one of the worst sins as a new wholesaler. I have deals under contract but no buyers. Interestingly enough, what makes me a special case is that I already have a list of 26 buyers that I could contact.

Now, I bet you guys reading this are thinking "You have Buyers and You have Deals! What's the matter? Make it happen!"

Well let me ask 2 questions that could lead you to understanding my problem. I only have one shot of a good first impression right? and Buyers are technically the money and soul of wholesaling correct?
You probably guessed right, I'm experiencing some phone fright, I have no idea on how or what to say to my buyers so that way they don't mind being on my list.

The best I can come up with is "Hi my name is Jerome, I'm a real estate wholesaler here in the baltimore area. I see that your buying houses in baltimore, Can I add you to my buyers list and let you know of any deals that I come across?"

That line of dialouge doesn't work or failed because the list I had was originally 30 buyers, 4 buyers said No right off the bat and we hung up. I can't afford to get 26 more No's, So now I come to you biggerpockets,

What do you say when speaking to a buyer on the phone that you want to add to your buyers list but you have never met before?

Loading replies...