Markets to consider in 2018

3 Replies

Hi-

I'm new to all this. I have been researching for months at different markets to invest in. However, I want to go into a market where it's not saturated by other investors. I have looked at TX, NC, FL, PA, and other obvious investment states. Anyone out there can give me suggestions? To start I like to invest in a Multi-family to buy and hold. There is so much information out there that it becomes overwhelming. I wanted to open an LLC but I read that its usually best to have the LLC where you acquire your real estate property. I live in NYC and most of you would know that it's not easy to invest here especially if you are new to it.

Things I have done:

I'm researching possible areas to invest in, I have looked into opening an LLC where I plan to invest, open a business account and obtain credit that way but that takes time to build your business score, another option I can go with is use my credit cards to get a deal or ask family and friends to invest with me.

I know I’m missing pieces here, what would be your 1st steps if you were in my shoes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

The Greensboro and Winston Salem area is still a well kept secret in my opinion. Both are areas with populations around 300K and are only an hour and a half from Raleigh and Charlotte. I'm closing on my first house March 29th.

This post has been removed.

Hi Samuel Collier!

Thank you & Congratulations! That must be exciting? What did you invest in?

I will take a look, I appreciate you helping me. I'm interested in multi-families though.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.