newbie in St Paul, MN first property house hack

4 Replies

Hey everybody! Im about to buy my first house in St. Paul. I started looking for podcasts and books and came across bigger pockets.  Thankfully I did. I feel a lot more confident that now I have a slight idea of what's going on.  Does anyone have any tips on what to watch for in this market? Or any general knowledge you would like to share? Thanks!!

Welcome.  My advice would be to get pre-approved, get a good realtor, and be ready to strike when a deal comes up.  There haven't been a lot of properties available and their are a lot of eyes on the market right now.

Hey @Brandon Degroot

Welcome to BP!! It is a great community to learn and network. 

We would love to have you at our monthly happy hour event. We just did the first one last month and it was great. There were a lot of people that are housing hacking now or looking for their 1st property. In my capacity as a realtor I am also helping a few friends find their first house hack. I think there are a few places in the twin cities where a deal can still be found but it is hard work and takes some perseverance.

If you would like to get some coffee sometime and share ideas just let me know. Good luck out there!! 

Best,

Kurt 

(402) 681-8622

@Brandon Degroot we host a meetup and next week's topic is on how to pick up your first rental! Shoot me a message  if you'd like to come and I'll get you the info.

Jordan Moorhead, Real Estate Agent in MN (#40542303)

My husband was doing his first house hack in 1999(i don’t think the even had the term back then). If you would like to meet up I specialize in educating our investors in management as I have several years of management with over 1500 units. I could point out the differences in fair housing laws between house hacking and non OO renting.

Amber Gonion, Contractor in MN (#Boiler Special Engineer sp711180) and MN (#40480519)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.