Beginner in real estate investing

2 Replies

Hello my fellow Real Estate Investors!

I am a beginner as I have not yet invested in any properties. I am really interested doing real estate investments and have been using all my free time learning the ins and outs of investing. My only issue is that my husband just started a new job about a month ago and were scared that might be a issue. We own our own house and were going to use the equity as a down payment.  I have contacted the bank and they would like to see a few things so that they could put some numbers together. Do you think this might be an issue?   I work part-time  but do you think him just starting out a job might be an issue for getting  a mortgage for an investment property ? 

Thanks 

Patti

@Patricia Townsend as long as your husband has a stable work history, a job change isn't that big of a deal. Where it might come into play is if there is a big jump in pay, or a long unemployment gap, then they might ask for additional clarification.

Thank you for your input. He got laid off for a few months  during the winter. Thats the only gap he has ever had. I am not sure if that will be a problem!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.