Best books for a new investor?

6 Replies

Hi all, I'm a new Bigger Pockets member. I work as a real estate agent in NYC, but just now getting in to investing on my own. Curious if you have "must read" book recommendations, please? I just read and enjoyed Paul Moore's "The Perfect Investment" (re: multifamily buildings), and also finished "Rich Dad, Poor Dad," which I thought was just so so. I would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!!

Ben Toth, Real Estate Agent in New York (#10401288534)

@Ben Toth , It all depends on the niche you are choosing to pursue.

For wholesaling: Big Buks for Junk Houses by Randy Phillips & If you cant wholesale after this I have nothing for you by Todd Fleming

Lease Options: Turn Key Investing with lease options by Matthew Chan

Owner Financing: My Life & 1,000 Houses: The Art of Owner Financing by Mitch Stephens

General: The Millionaire Real Estate Investor By Gary Keller

These books along with several others give you an idea of what is possible. They can lead to potentially millions of dollars in your future if you take ACTION.

Thanks so much for these ideas! Much appreciated.

@Ben Toth I would read The One Thing by Garry Keller. If you are trying to improve your sales skills, Grant Cardone book Sell or Be Sold is good. If you are trying to improve mental state, read Anthony Robbins Awaken the Giant Within or Unlimited Power. A good one for managing rentals is Landlording on Autopilot.

Also note at the end of every podcast they ask the guest to recommend one real estate and one business book. Look in the show notes and you can put together a library of books to keep you reading for years.

That sounds good, too, @Lane Kawaoka !

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.