• Real Estate Agent
  • Marietta, GA
Votes |
Newbie Getting Started from Marietta GA

Malik McQuaige
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Marietta, GA
Posted Mar 23 2018, 13:28
Okay guys, I want to get started in becoming a real estate investor but have a few questions that are becoming a road block to me. #1). How important is Credit when looking for your first deal? - I ask because I do not have the BEST credit as of right now and from my understanding when it comes to financing (because I do not have the cash) a single family home and I decide to live in it using FHA or any other, what would be my success of moving forward. #2). What niche and strategy would you recommend a newbie? -Eventually I would love to flip, wholesale and rent but as a newbie, would you simply recommend one over the other as an opportunity to learn and make mistakes to help with other strategies in the future. #3). Real Estate agent VS Real Estate Investor? -Now I asked this before and got great feedback on my last post but ultimately I want to become an investor but because I have little to no money, I thought as an agent it would be wise to go that route then become an investor later when i have the capital but i keep hearing people say “as an investor you can get creative in real estate that an agent can not do” or “don’t waste your time becoming an agent because you can get started with no money down”. That last statement seems appealing but is it really true. If there is already a post about any of these subject, please direct me because I love to read. The more knowledge the better but if not, please enlighten me. Thank you!