LA Based looking to do deals in the Midwest

6 Replies

Hi all, 

My name is Wyatt Duncan. I am a current college student in Los Angeles looking to potentially start doing deals out of state (midwest) given the inflated prices and high barrier to entry here in LA. 

I would love to connect and chat with others here in the LA region who are also looking to invest out of state, or those who already have invested out of state and could pass on some advice. 

Thanks so much for the time. 

Originally posted by @Wyatt Duncan :

Hi all, 

My name is Wyatt Duncan. I am a current college student in Los Angeles looking to potentially start doing deals out of state (midwest) given the inflated prices and high barrier to entry here in LA. 

I would love to connect and chat with others here in the LA region who are also looking to invest out of state, or those who already have invested out of state and could pass on some advice. 

Thanks so much for the time. 

Good Morning Wyatt,

I live in the SoCal area myself and have already looked at markets out of state and providers in those areas. So far so good. At the moment I'm still doing some due diligence but I have a rough Idea of certain Midwest markets that I am interested in. If you have any specific questions feel free to message me. Wish all the best.

Cheers. 

@Wyatt Duncan , have you considered perhaps landing a house hack within a couple years of graduation before jumping straight into OOS investing as your first goal?

Hi guys, Im in LA and working on buying a second MFR out of state.

Seems there are quite a few of us on here. Maybe we should start a chat group or something for discussions.  

I'm very new to BP and REI, but I live in SoCal and am currently looking to invest in Birmingham. Midwest is on my radar too, but I've decided on Birmingham for now for the same reasons you've listed. I know there quite a few people here who live in Cali and invest elsewhere.

Hey @Wyatt Duncan , I'm in LA and have been investing out of state for over 10 years. I'd be happy to meet up and talk to you about it. Sending you a  PM now. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here