Hey There! New Member - Northern NJ

1 Reply

Hey there BiggerPockets community. My name is Alicia few things about me:

1- Wife and Mother of 2 small children

2- Decent about of Debit - $15k credit card debt about 240k in mortgage debt between my house (3BR 2Bath) and our (1BR 1Bath Condo). We break even on our condo for now.

3- Have a full time corporate job

4- Have my real estate license (in referral for now) living in our current flip - have another 2-5 years here, rehabbing while we're living in the house with any extra income we have.

My questions-

1- Where do I start? Should I get a line of credit on my current home? We owe 120k and house was bank appraised in the least year for 230k.. Do I start a partnership?

2- Where do I start, wholesaling, flipping, taxes, money, etc?

Lost and confused in NJ-

Thanks friends,

Alicia

Hey @Alicia N Ragonese welcome to the community! There are lots of very smart people in the NJ market that can help you out. I'm in Jersey City so I only know that market but getting access to cash with low interest rates with a line of credit certainly helps your cause. I would go that route to see if there are some good BRRR houses where you are at or getting into flipping.

Good luck!

Stu Basham

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
    • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
    • Learn how to get started with or without money,
    • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
    • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.