I want to House Hack

3 Replies

Hi, my name is Edgar,  my brother and I are really interested in doing a House hack for our first deal, on episode 252 house hacking (your first deal) it says the first thing you should do if your serious about investing in real-state is getting an Agent, the thing is we don't have the amount of money we want to have for a down payment on a property. We will have the amount in couple of months. My question is should we still get an agent even though financially we are not ready? If we should still get agent does anybody on the forum recommend a good agent in Salt Lake City?

@Edgar Felipe you should talk to an investor friendly lender first to make sure you can get financing. Having the down payment is only one pieces of the process in getting a mortgage.

@Edgar Felipe

I'd start looking at deals now even though you aren't quite ready to buy yet.  And start interviewing agents as well.  Get ready for when you've got your down payment and are ready to start making offers!  Good luck!

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.