What would you do in my shoes?

3 Replies

Hey everyone, I’m just getting started and I already have a single family home in Syracuse NY where I grew up. I’m profiting a little more that 300 a month and would like to invest in a second property. I have a full time career working for a major airline which allows me to fly for free anyplace in the world and because of this, I would like to look into more profitable areas. I already have about 30k saved up for a down payment. I’m stuck on where I should invest next, and because it will in a place I’m not familiar with I want to make sure I’m know what I’m getting myself into. Also, because I won’t be in the area, I was wondering about management companies. Does anyone have any experience with a situation similar to mine or have any good advice you could share?
@Todd Redden have you read the book Long Distance Real Estate Investing by David Greene? That would probably be a good place to start. That book will help you set up a good "boots on the ground" team. Hope that helps.

Thanks man! It's a good read. I'm already half way through it... Excited to make some moves! 

Why not continue in Syracuse, if you know the area and already know what can be successful there? 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here