Help!!!!! Need some experienced advice.

6 Replies

I am a 38 year old female interested in buying houses fixing them up then reselling. First question is this attainable with very little money and can this be turned into a business? I am not looking to get rich I am just looking to do something on my own. Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!! :lol:

You CAN attain this with very little money! It is all about leverage. Put little down to purchase the property, and then get a loan to rehab the property. Sell for a profit, pay the loan off, and then do again.

There are many ways to go about doing it. Do you have a job? Can you prove income or assets so you can get a loan?

It is important that you remember that you are going to need to put time and energy into this. Finding the right property is key! I would educate yourself before jumping into it. Read articles, check out books, ask questions here, and talk to people - check out investment clubs. You're on your way. Have hope. There is a way. You just have to be willing to do what it takes to make it happen. Good luck, and make sure you do your homework before going and doing anything.

Hey. I think Toney hit it on the head. There is a future for you, but you will need to put in time and energy to make it happen. Don't let that dissuade you, though. It doesn't matter if you're 38 or 15. If you want it to happen, it will.

I think Pam and Toney put it perfectly. Make the decision to do it, and run with it. The key is educating yourself and having the willingness to follow what you've learned. Good luck!

Great advice!!!

I purchased over 50 condos in less than 3 years. There was work involved but with it came great rewards.

Sometimes you just have to talk that first step.

Marc

Hey, Marc, just curious. How'd you buy 50 condos? Did you get new money on each one? Did you buy and flip? Fix up? Or just profit went bought, and then flipped them?

Deanna,

Have you been Pre-approved for your thoughts. I can help you obtain such a letter if you wish. Email me or contact me for details.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.