Austin Kendell
  • Ogden, UT
Votes |
New BP member looking for advice about the industry

Austin Kendell
  • Ogden, UT
Posted May 29 2018, 19:51

Hey Bigger Pockets Community! 

I am a new member of the Bigger Pockets Website. I have been listening to the podcast for the last 4 months or so. I have absorbed a lot of information from listening to the podcast, but I know that learning in the field is the best way to learn. I am currently trying to save up money so that my wife and I can start investing ourselves. I am mostly interested in creating a portfolio of buy and hold properties that will create positive cash flow and that will appraise in value over the next 10-15 years. I also am interested in Flipping, but I know that flipping is a lot more complicated.

I live in the Northern Utah Area, in South Ogden to be exact. I have learned a lot from listening to the podcasts about the concepts, strategies, and the numbers. What I lack is understanding the market, and knowing how to proper analyze deals. I know and have heard in the podcasts that you never really learn the industry until you start going after deals and making offers. However, I still feel like I am not quite ready to do a deal on my own. I don't want to get myself into a pickle. I am looking for some pointers, tips, and ideas on what I should do before I get myself into a situation where I am in over my head.

Anyone that can impart some knowledge or that knows where I may be able to turn to in my area would be much appreciated! 

Thank you! 

Loading replies...