Closing Wholesale deals

5 Replies

Hello, 

I'm just starting out in real estate and have not made any deal yet. Over the past 2 weeks, I have been studying the basic concepts of real estate and the different ways of investing. Wholesaling is one that interests me a lot. So my question is what paperwork has to be done when closing a deal? 

I really just want to start with wholesaling because from what I've been told, it is a good way to make money without a lot of start up funds. Since I starting college next year my funds are pretty low and I don't have much credibility for a loan. I am also looking to rent out a single family home or a small multi-family at some point but I would like to have some money to put down. I also feel like wholesaling would be a great way to jump right into the investing in real estate. Of course I still have some studying to do but once I get into it I want to get right into it. I've been told it's a great way to get started and learn quickly. 

Originally posted by @Joseph Insalata :

I really just want to start with wholesaling because from what I've been told, it is a good way to make money without a lot of start up funds. Since I starting college next year my funds are pretty low and I don't have much credibility for a loan. I am also looking to rent out a single family home or a small multi-family at some point but I would like to have some money to put down. I also feel like wholesaling would be a great way to jump right into the investing in real estate. Of course I still have some studying to do but once I get into it I want to get right into it. I've been told it's a great way to get started and learn quickly. 

Follow up question, you don't mind Joseph.

Who has told you its a good way to make money without startup money? People you've met in real life, podcast, books, seminars? 

Also, what have these people said goes into wholesaling?

Follow up question, you don't mind Joseph.

Who has told you its a good way to make money without startup money? People you've met in real life, podcast, books, seminars? 

Also, what have these people said goes into wholesaling?

I have read about it on bigger pockets but have also heard that from other books and articles. I have heard going into wholesaling doesn't take a lot of startup money and doesn't require you to get big loans.