Turn Key Morris Invest

20 Replies

I am new and bought a property from morris invest in january. It is now july and have no rent. The first managment /rehab left me with a unfinished property and tennants that dont pay rent. I am all in and dont have the money to fix anything. I don't know what to do! 

@Candi Perrotta There are numerous threads here on BP about Morris Invest and Ocean Pointe scamming investors in similar way as you have experienced - mostly in Indianapolis.  You should research those and might find that there is a class action suit.  You also will find what other actions are being taken by investors in a similar situation with MI.  Good luck!

reach out to @Colin Zhu    he will point you in the right direction.. there are virtually hundreds of Victims to Morris Invest.

And many sad cases as well were they used all their money to buy these and got just a shell of a house in return.

suggest you join in with the big group here..  this is a Massive Fraud Frankly

@Candi Perrotta unfortunately you’re likely out whatever money you gave them. These guys have ripped off many many people.

Your next best bet is to find a good attorney and go that route. Potentially join one of the on going lawsuits

@Candi Perrotta It's unfortunate that you didn't check the extensive threads about MI here in Bigger Pockets. Sorry that you are in this position but if it's any consolation, there are many people in your shoes. There is currently a class action suit being filed against them. You might want to look in to joining that suit.

Yes. Same thing happened to me. Somebody suggested to connect with Colin Zhu. I haven't got response yet. Please see "Story with Morris Invest" by me. We should support each other to find out the solution.

@Candi Perrotta - Sorry to hear that.  I live in Jacksonville fl.  Let me know if I can be of assistance.  Quick background about me; I have a few properties myself which i'm self managing.  If I can help, i'll be more than willing!

Mitch

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :

reach out to @Colin Zhu    he will point you in the right direction.. there are virtually hundreds of Victims to Morris Invest.

And many sad cases as well were they used all their money to buy these and got just a shell of a house in return.

And he just keeps churning out more and more podcasts. How does this happen?

Originally posted by @Kraig Kujawa :
Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

And he just keeps churning out more and more podcasts. How does this happen?

its a free country anyone can post anything.. just have to see where this all goes lots and lots of people been defrauded according to all the posts on BP..  

I feel bad reading all this about Morris Invest. His videos played a huge role in encouraging me to invest in buy and hold real estate. I didn't invest with his company but I did learn a lot from him

I believe the guy may have started out with a good idea and maybe the right intent, his videos were some of the best marketing I have seen, but I was very concerned with the neighborhood quality that appeared in some of the videos, and some of the low income and crime demographics in some zip codes.  He may have expanded too fast.  Has anyone been able to reach his staff to see if he is willing to stand behind the product and try to help with the problem?

Candi, I'm in the same boat. Lost a lot of money. I take it as an important lesson learned the hard way. I see my options as selling at a huge loss as is, paying for the required refurb and then trying to rent, or paying to make the house ready for presentation and sale, and selling at a huge loss. Haven't decided yet. The only thing that still bothers me about this is that Morris is still putting out youtube videos and still scamming people via his website. I'm starting to believe that what he's been doing may in fact be technically legal. A lot of time has passed and there's been no criminal legal action taken, that I'm aware of. Morris himself certainly doesn't seem fazed by any of this. Regardless, what he's doing is pretty sickening.  

Originally posted by @Jared Garfield :

I believe the guy may have started out with a good idea and maybe the right intent, his videos were some of the best marketing I have seen, but I was very concerned with the neighborhood quality that appeared in some of the videos, and some of the low income and crime demographics in some zip codes.  He may have expanded too fast.  Has anyone been able to reach his staff to see if he is willing to stand behind the product and try to help with the problem?

he is a marketing company not the provider.. and from what I learned he has spent the summer in Europe  LOL.. bad actor he knew what he was doing years ago.. but could not pull the plug  cash flow too strong to quit.. 

Originally posted by @Rick Ursery :

Candi, I'm in the same boat. Lost a lot of money. I take it as an important lesson learned the hard way. I see my options as selling at a huge loss as is, paying for the required refurb and then trying to rent, or paying to make the house ready for presentation and sale, and selling at a huge loss. Haven't decided yet. The only thing that still bothers me about this is that Morris is still putting out youtube videos and still scamming people via his website. I'm starting to believe that what he's been doing may in fact be technically legal. A lot of time has passed and there's been no criminal legal action taken, that I'm aware of. Morris himself certainly doesn't seem fazed by any of this. Regardless, what he's doing is pretty sickening.  

have you filed complaints with the Indiana AG ???  this is critical that those offended let the regulators know whats going on.

have you contacted one of the investigative journalist at the business journal in Indy... with your documentation of what you paid pictures of a non rehabbed house etc.. this is the type of story they can bite their teeth into and then when it makes it to the papers the authorities are really put on the spot to act. 

Originally posted by @Ryan Mullin :

@Rick Ursery  is your investment in Indy?

@Jay Hinrichs I just emailed the Real estate reporter at the Indianapolis Business Journal.   Just in case no one else has...  

well a lot of folks just may not know what they need to do or just don't do anything.. I suspect though there are some that are angrier than hornets and will not take lightly to being so thoroughly lied to and cheated.