Moving from NY to FL

5 Replies

Good Morning BP,

I am so excited to be part of this community! 

I am a civil engineer looking to move from Westchester, NY to Fort Lauderlade, FL. My husband and I are looking to use house hacking to start investing in real estate over there. I am unfamiliar with the real estate market in that area and I have a few questions:

What is the level of demand of Duplex or Triplex?

Is Fort Lauderlade a good area for House Hacking or should we consider another closed by area?

Any advice to start using this strategy? 

Thank You! 

Best of luck on the move to Florida! I have lots of friends in the Delray-Boca area.  As an outsider, it seems anywhere from West Palm Beach down to Miami should have plenty of demand for rentals.

@Mercy Cleto You are going to find yourself in a very competitive market down here. I encourage you to join us at our coffee meetup in Delray Beach on Aug 11th. Free to show. PM me for more details.

Originally posted by @Scott Wolf :

Best of luck on the move to Florida! I have lots of friends in the Delray-Boca area.  As an outsider, it seems anywhere from West Palm Beach down to Miami should have plenty of demand for rentals.

Thank You! 

I will start getting familiar with the area.  

Originally posted by @Jon Huber :

@Mercy Cleto You are going to find yourself in a very competitive market down here. I encourage you to join us at our coffee meetup in Delray Beach on Aug 11th. Free to show. PM me for more details.

Thank you for inviting me! 

I will more than happy to come once I am relocated. 

Good luck on your move!! I too moved from NY to Florida manyyyyy years ago lol. Typically what I have seen is the more north you go, the better the deals are. It is still a little challenging to make the numbers work however. I would suggest trying to find a Realtor who also works with investors as they would have the best insight to the market and what you could get for your money. Best of luck and keep us updated! Once you settle in, be sure to attend any of the local meetups :)