First investment possible duplex?

3 Replies

Hello world, i am new to this investing world but eager to get into it. I'm 23, married with 2 kids. Im going into my last semester for an associates degree in Security Technology. And work full time. I want to start investing in rental properties. I recently found one and want to use the BRRR strategy for it but have $0 . Bank does not want to give me a loan. Any advice on how a fresh newbie can get financed? Im really just want to break even at the very least.

Originally posted by @Brandon Wade :

Hello world, i am new to this investing world but eager to get into it. I'm 23, married with 2 kids. Im going into my last semester for an associates degree in Security Technology. And work full time. I want to start investing in rental properties. I recently found one and want to use the BRRR strategy for it but have $0 . Bank does not want to give me a loan. Any advice on how a fresh newbie can get financed? Im really just want to break even at the very least.

Good Afternoon Brandon,

Why would you only want to get into an investment to break even ? I believe a duplex is a great opportunity though to start off you could live in one half and rent the other or other possibilities. You could look into a hard money loan in order to finance the deal and go about it that way or even look into private lenders that want to get involved in your project. Good luck hope to hear some good news about your deal.

I understand but why only think because you are new you cannot profit from this deal. There is some deal out there that will provide a return that is right for you and your duplex situation. I would keep searching for it only breaking even from this opportunity seems like not a great so return from all the work you would have to put in.