Seller Financing Beginner Advice

2 Replies

Hello,

I'm just starting out and I've been looking at some properties at zillow that offer seller financing. I've been strongly considering this as a possible starting strategy but I'm unsure how it will go once I try to negotiate with the seller. I've personally never negotiated before so it's personally pretty scary to me. How could I prepare or what are some resources I should consider watching/reading to prepare to negotiate for seller finance?

Best Regards 

Originally posted by @Brian Tran :

Hello,

I'm just starting out and I've been looking at some properties at zillow that offer seller financing. I've been strongly considering this as a possible starting strategy but I'm unsure how it will go once I try to negotiate with the seller. I've personally never negotiated before so it's personally pretty scary to me. How could I prepare or what are some resources I should consider watching/reading to prepare to negotiate for seller finance?

Best Regards 

In the early days this one helped me:

You Can Negotiate Anything: The World's Best Negotiator Tells You How To Get What You Want – December 1982 by Herb Cohen

It happens if they have no other offers and wanting to get the property transferred to you. Often you need to get a mortgage they are in second place at prevailing interest rate (say 5%) for the balance for a few years only.

Many posted may be from con artists. You need to check them out and like wise. You need to have a lawyer working with you.