I just put an offer on a mobile home park

8 Replies

I just put in an offer for a very small mobile home park 10 spaces.  Supposedly these are all tenant owned.  Does anyone have any suggestions for  insurance companies?   Any other advice from veterans would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Ryan Groene for the information.

After looking at the numbers I've rescinded my offer.  I was working through an agent (a big headache) who was telling me that the mobile homes were tenant owned, but the tax records listed them all as being held by one person (not the owner).  

The up side would have been great.  I could have added $1500-2000 in cashflow by adding/fixing up 4 homes, but the uncertainty of the condition/ownership of the other homes made me back out (at least for now).  

I just sent out my first batch of letters of inquires to potential park owners so I will see where that takes me. 

I would like to get feedback on the letters I am sending out.  I wanted them to be short sweet and to the point.

My info

date

park owner info.

Dear Mr.______________

I am interested in buying your mobile home park at __________________ via owner financing.  If you are interested in this query please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,

Joshua Briscoe 

Originally posted by @Joshua Briscoe :

I would like to get feedback on the letters I am sending out.  I wanted them to be short sweet and to the point.

My info

date

park owner info.

Dear Mr.______________

I am interested in buying your mobile home park at __________________ via owner financing.  If you are interested in this query please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,

Joshua Briscoe 

I do not claim to be an expert on the subject but I have a offered on several parks and just purchased my first park. Asking for owner financing up front makes you appear as if you don't have any money and are not serious/able to purchase their park. Essentially you are just kicking the tires and wasting their time. Owner financing is something that comes together after bonding (I think that is the term Frank Rolfe uses) with the owner.

Originally posted by @Joshua Briscoe :

@Jason Ray Richardson Do you think the length of the letter is appropriate?  My next step is to do some cold calls.  How did you find the park that you just bought?

I think the letter needs just a little longer. Long enough to look legit but not enough to bore them. On the park, I had gotten in touch with a wholesaler on another deal that didn't go through and they sent me info on that deal that had to be closed with cash quick, I wasn't the first one to the plate but I was the only one that could close. When closing a deal it's not just about finding the deal it's also about getting in the position personally(knowledge, money, connections) to close the deal.