@Cory S.
Would you recommend a separate account for each property?
No, I don't recommend that, just keep it simple, unless of course you want to track each individual property separately with a separate account.
I have four properties and just one business account.
All my PMs have this business account set up for a direct deposit of all rent collected. All my lenders as well have this same business account set up to auto draft their monthly payments.
So, I simply have money coming in and going out of this account completely on auto pilot and separate from my checking or savings accounts.
Makes it easier for me to track transactions, accumulate funds for more properties, and to have funds for maintenance emergencies.
Also, having it in a business account makes me treat it like a business and to not touch the funds it possesses, unless it pertaining to the business.
Another advantage for me is having this account ready to show to lenders when it comes time to finance another property.
I recommend also to set up a spread sheet on excel to track your business and to keep track of all the important information on each property such as account numbers, passwords, date of purchase, loan numbers, etc. anything you can think of that you might need for quick reference if needed on a seconds notice and keep it all on that file.
Set up a special folder on your computer with all your lender websites and PMs ready to go.
Organization reduces stress and headaches.