Limitless vs Morris invest

94 Replies

@James Wise The reason is because he is only being sued civilly.  I would imagine, if the AG got involved, they could implement some sort of cease and desist or suspend his ability to do business.

Originally posted by @Brian M. :

@James Wise The reason is because he is only being sued civilly.  I would imagine, if the AG got involved, they could implement some sort of cease and desist or suspend his ability to do business.

Has Clayton Morris himseld been sued? I briefly looked it over & it appears as though OceanPoint & Bert Whalen were the only ones named in the previous case that was posted in this thread.

@James Wise Read a previous post of Todd's in this thread.  He posts a link to another lawsuit against MI.

@Todd Burton

Sure, I specifically asked for "B class" neighborhood so we will see !

@Jamil Rivera guys like Morris market themselves as educators trying to convince everyone to buy single family homes. His entire business is selling people like you his single family homes. If they were good deals he wouldn’t be selling. It’s all a scam.

Originally posted by @Magnus Göransson :

@Jamil Rivera

Hi Jamil! My name is Magnus from Sweden.

I have 12 turnkey houses in Detroit bought from Strategy Propertys in Detroit. I have made between 10-14% ROI on these propertys 2018.

I been there for 2 years.

I had some evictions but no nightmare so far.

They took very good care of it. Rotate Reply

Contact Al to buy and ask for Autumn as PM and i think you are in good hands.

I have all my life savings in Real Estate in USA.

Wow! Thats a scary statement right there. Investing your entire life savings in 12 low end (assume they are not Grade A properties) in Detroit!

@Anish Tolia

It was scary, absolutely. But its always scary when you are on unknown water right. But now its very exciting and inspiring to. So i been in Detroit several times last year and you see whats going on there, you feel excited instead of scared.

I love Real Estate in the US, like most of you people here do to.

Its more scary to put my savings in Swedish retirement funds. Swedens system is breaking apart, a lot of old people that worked whole life in Sweden, need to go out and beg for money. I saw this years ago thats why i have everything in Real Estate in the US.

I feel pretty safe with most of my houses in Detroit, i feel safer in downtown Detroit then in Gothenburg Sweden. At least Detroit have a strong police force.

I also have in Kansas and Las Vegas, so its not only Detroit.

Magnus

@Magnus Göransson That's an interesting post. I have always heard Sweden was a big Utopia. Not to side track this thread because I think this Morris stuff deserves all the attention it can get but I would be interested to hear your opinion on why it's falling apart over there.

Originally posted by @David Goddard :

Okay, so I have a quick question:

Many successful real estate investors (not just Morris Invest) advocate for purchasing properties with an LLC for legal protection reasons. With MI though, they specifically state that they limit each of their LLC's to a maximum of $150,000 worth of properties (3 or so rentals if you consider the price points they generally buy at).

So my question is if they are successfully held financially liable for the lawsuit posted on the first page, can their liability only be for the maximum of one of their LLC's or are those legal asset protections void when it comes to fraud and other allegations posted within the lawsuit?

Thanks for the responses.

LLC is no protection to being sued for the claims that are mentioned in that lawsuit.. they are being sued personally. LLC is not asset protection if your a bad actor and not asset protection at all really.

Originally posted by @James Wise :
Originally posted by @Brian M.:

Has Clayton Morris himseld been sued? I briefly looked it over & it appears as though OceanPoint & Bert Whalen were the only ones named in the previous case that was posted in this thread.

the first summons and complaint Sues Morris personally .. he is no way getting out of these deals.. you cant be on all the mass media he is on an they point the finger.. if you recall the earlier threads most buyers thought they bought from Morris since he signed the Purchase and sale agreement.. they had no clue as to who the real owners were.. these were very trusting unsophisticated buyers.. they had no clue as to what the settlement statements said..  Or could remember  :)  

Originally posted by @Matt P. :

@Magnus Göransson That's an interesting post. I have always heard Sweden was a big Utopia. Not to side track this thread because I think this Morris stuff deserves all the attention it can get but I would be interested to hear your opinion on why it's falling apart over there.

Ya i dont think Detroit is safer than anywhere in Scandinavia for that matter any larger MSA in the US.. we have more murders in any of these cities in a month than they will have in 10 years.. 

@Matt P. Why Sweden falling apart in my opinion is uncontrolled immigration.

Sweden has most rapes in Europe, shootings every day, and i believe things will be even worse.

Google Sweden immigration problems and you see.

Sorry for this side track of Morris Invest thread.

Originally posted by @Magnus Göransson :

@Matt P. Why Sweden falling apart in my opinion is uncontrolled immigration.

Sweden has most rapes in Europe, shootings every day, and i believe things will be even worse.

Google Sweden immigration problems and you see.

Sorry for this side track of Morris Invest thread.

well i guess you just need to build a wall...  :)  yup these in migration problems are world wide no question.. Canadians have it figured out as do the Aussie and New Zeelanders.. 

I didn’t realize BiggerPockets deleted his podcast. I use to listen to his podcast also and I was curious about the shade he always threw “people stuck on forums all day” was his famous line. Guess he got a little salty towards BP

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :
Originally posted by @James Wise:

the first summons and complaint Sues Morris personally .. he is no way getting out of these deals.. you cant be on all the mass media he is on an they point the finger.. if you recall the earlier threads most buyers thought they bought from Morris since he signed the Purchase and sale agreement.. they had no clue as to who the real owners were.. these were very trusting unsophisticated buyers.. they had no clue as to what the settlement statements said..  Or could remember  :)  

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Youtube is getting a little crowded anyway. I wouldn't mind it if his channel's market share went elsewhere....lol

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Youtube is getting a little crowded anyway. I wouldn't mind it if his channel's market share went elsewhere....lol

Ya know Jim the sad part of all this is if this guy and his wife were not so fake and did things right he could have been the most successful reseller of turn key in turn key history..  

Ya know Jim the sad part of all this is if this guy and his wife were not so fake and did things right he could have been the most successful reseller of turn key in turn key history..  

ehhhhh......I don't believe that, I've got my eyes on that prize.....J Wise is only 31. I've got a lot of time to work my plan.

ehhhhh......I don't believe that, I've got my eyes on that prize.....J Wise is only 31. I've got a lot of time to work my plan.

Geesh I am exactly double your age with half your talents.. you go for it..  

lol, It's all good old dawg. I am sure your net worth is a multiple going the other way.

lol, It's all good old dawg. I am sure your net worth is a multiple going the other way.

Just numbers on paper.. but if I lived out in your markets I would be doing exactly the same thing.. right now its just a little behind the scene bizz for us

@Jamil Rivera I actually had an opportunity to buy a single family house from Morris Inv. The home wasn't that far away from us here in Florida. It had a great ROI, but I wouldn't have felt comfortable in that neighborhood, even if I was wearing a B.P. vest...lol!

So, I found a different property that we felt much better about.

At the end of the day, I believe that you should analyze the deal, and do your due diligence to see if it's right or wrong for you.

The deal that I passed on, might have been someone's cup of tea, but if they are an out of town investor, I hope they have a great property manager that they can trust!

This makes me really sad. The stuff he talks about on his podcast are legitimately interesting and he covers it well. Too bad he got in over his head and did this to people.

Due diligence everyone! Trust but verify!

@Jay Hinrichs Yes! But now i said downtown Detroit compared to Downtown Gothenburg.

Detroit Downtown is safer. I walked in both places. I know offcourse what can happened in some Detroit suburb areas. I know you cant invest there. Scandinavia is not what you think anymore.

@Nick Giulioni I don't think he got in over his head lol the guy was actively scamming people from day one apparently. Looks like he is still operating too. Disgusting.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here