• Marysville Wa
Votes |
Those dang Newbies!!!

Ryan Wood
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Marysville Wa
Posted Mar 16 2019, 11:44

Hello there everyone! 

I first want to start out here by saying that BP is an awesome platform and it seems that a lot of really smart, kind, and interesting people are on here, and BP has already helped me with so much research, its just a really bad A site!!! Sorry, but it is true that this community is pretty cool! Anyways, I'm trying to figure out what I should do. I am 35 yrs old and wanting to get into REI. I live in a very small town (12 K) population in Oregon, The Dalles =(. I have been saving up to try and get my first home to do a BRRR, but I now have an opportunity to use that money to move to Roseville Ca where I have lots of family, and some better paying jobs and more people to possible to network with. But the pickle is I will be losing all my savings to move to CA, and I have no idea how I would ever get into REI. I want to get into REI, because its actually working towards my own dreams and not working in a factory setting ( I build and repair government UAVs...drones) for someone else's dreams. My really long winded question is...What would you do to get into REI? Should I try to land a job with a flipper in Roseville? Or should I just keep saving and try to get my own property? It would have to be a real fixer upper due to my salary and being a single dude. Also, this town is really small, not a lot of people to network with. I have a huge family in CA and they would eventually want to flip or BRRR with me...the (Capital) aspect. Are there any flippers that would actually hire Newbies? I did get my RE license in Oregon, but its hard to keep my W-2 job and sell RE.

Anyways, sorry for the long intro and question, I do not have too many people to bounce these ideas off of. 

Thank you in advance! 

Ryan W. 

The Dalles, Oregon and yes it is actually a town with "The" in the name.

Loading replies...