Real Estate Professional · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 0 votes
I am submitting an offer on a property,hoping to be my 1st fix/flip. I have already found a HML and wanted to know how to determine if the terms are outrageous. Iv'e googled what typical numbers should look like but he also mentioned either a very high money down option or giving up profits on the back in to have the money on the back end. Is this normal for the most part?
Realtor · WV · Member since 2018 · 454 posts · 310 votes
7y
There are so many different types of loans, and HML that it is hard to tell. In most cases they base the risk off of your track record. If this is your first deal they may make the terms high to cover their risk. I suggest speaking with several different lenders to get quotes, and ask each one different questions. Once you have several to compare you will get an idea of what the average for your situation is. Good Luck!