Real Estate Salesperson

8 Replies

so i went to my first real estate salesperson class tonight...

i decided that getting my sales license (then my brokers licence down the road) would be apart of my financial plan.

i think i made a very excellent choice. i looked around the room and i KNEW...how far ahead i was mentally over everyone else in the room. we're talking about 50 people...

everyone in the room is doing it to earn money....

that's their first mistake...among many.

i would say that out of the 50...1 person understands the entrepreneurial spirit it takes to be really successful. the rest are all employee-minded...i could tell from their questions and conversation. it's funny to look at people who think they're all that and you just know they are so freakin lost....actually it's not funny, it's downright sad.

oh and that 1 person out of the 50 who gets it...is me... :wink:

hope i don't sound pompous (not my intention)...i just feel really good about this decision - i already see my network of people expanding and my knowledge about state law skyrocketing and not because of the class but because OF MY DETERMINATION.

Originally posted by "noobdog1":

everyone in the room is doing it to earn money....

that's their first mistake...among many.

if you aren't doing it to earn money, why are you doing it?

because when you earn money you are working for your money. what i think noobdog was trying to say they are still in an employee mindset where he and myself (online RE Salesperson course) are taking the course to become a better investor and know the real estate game better. it's a different mindset it goes back to thinking like an employee or thinking like an investor.

Originally posted by "iLikeVanilla":
because when you earn money you are working for your money. what i think noobdog was trying to say they are still in an employee mindset where he and myself (online RE Salesperson course) are taking the course to become a better investor and know the real estate game better. it's a different mindset it goes back to thinking like an employee or thinking like an investor.

ok, I guess I think of my investments as earning money, but maybe that's the difference. I certainly don't invest to break even or lose money!

that's true i think what noobdog was saying that they're investing their time selling houses for the potential 3% profit. where im taking the course just to learn more about real estate and get access to the MLS system so i can further my investments. hope that wa clearer

i'm in Suffolk County New York.

savvy, vanilla is right about what he said. but i'll take it one step further and get right to the heart of why i said what i said:

i could care less if i made one penny from selling any homes.

my plan is to sell MANY HOMES, BUILDINGS, WHATEVER. as many as i possibly can, the money will be nice, but the more i sell, the more people i meet.

the more people i meet, the more i can be rejected. the more i am rejected, the harder i will redouble my efforts. the more i double my efforts, the more creative i will become.

the more creative i become, the better i will become at selling.

i will use my expertise as a seller to SELL LIKE A MADMAN.

and i'm not talking about houses...i'm talking about business in general.

"try not...DO!" Yoda, Jedi Master...

8)

Don't fault anyone who want's the 9 - 5 jobs or income from working a daily job. Without these people, those of us who are more entrepreneurial may not succeed.

Where would you be without the county clerks and record people? people who work the foreclosures at banks, building contractors, or the full time real estate agent who might find you that great property? There's a place in this world for everyone - that's why it works!

I bet as the classes go on, you'll find many of these people very interesting and may even keep them as contacts. I don't think you are pompous and feel you are very happy with your new path -- I wish you great success.