Votes
Dustin Reynolds
  • Steubenville, OH
Votes |
Obsessing over a deal

Dustin Reynolds
  • Steubenville, OH
Posted May 31 2019, 05:56

I’m sure I’m not alone in this...  I’m obsessing Day and night over finding the best deal.  

I have a SFH that was my starter home 10 years ago. I bought it for $40k, the loan is down to about $25k. I net $400 a month from the house.

An off market deal presented itself to me. A duplex that rents out for $1,100 a month.  They will sell it to me for $22k, it needs some roof work, couple windows, interior paint and flooring.  I’m thinking $4-5k in repairs maybe slightly more.

I have $8k for a down payment, I planned to get the rest of the money from an unsecured loan from the bank.  Higher (6%)interest rate and its a 5yr note.  Payments would be around $300 a month all included... netting around $800.

The question I'm obsessing over is, do I sell my SFH and put the equity toward the duplex?? I figured the house should sell at least for 40-45. I feel like I'd rather have one property free and clear with a solid return. From there on out, stick with MFH's.

OR do I keep the SFH and net roughly $1,500 a month with about $600 in payments. Gut says sell the SFH and start over nearly debt free.

Obsessing 

Loading replies...