Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Markel Anthony grady
  • Tracy, Ca
Votes |
Experience Working Lease Options With RE Agents??

Markel Anthony grady
  • Tracy, Ca
Posted Jun 7 2019, 19:28

Hey All!!

This is my first post on the BP forums, quick intro I'm based out of Tracy, Cali. (NorCal), My goal is to achieve financial freedom, I like piping hot coffee and long walks to the pantry.

Introductions aside, I have been figuring out how I want to make my entrance into Real Estate Investing (gotta start somewhere). I am positive I want to start with Sandwich Lease Options to build capital to put into my first rentals (BRRRR method I'll see you soon)

I understand how SLO work, as well as paperwork, legal liabilities, ect. But I am struggling to pick up on-market properties the could be amazing deals that could make win-win-win because I am having a hard time explaining the concept to the listing agent. I figured agents don't want to wait 1-3 years for their commission, but offering partial commission or even an upfront bonus doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone here every worked with a Realtor to close SLO & LO deals, what happened, how did you build the rapport, and do you have any advice?

Also, I know BP forums seem to be super against SLO's, but I believe it has more to do with fear of liability than anything else. So constructive replies are preferred! 

Loading replies...