She Wants to Sell, But Underwater-How Can I Help?

She Wants to Sell, But Underwater-How Can I Help?

Wholesaler · Durham, NC · Member since 2018 · 157 posts · 50 votes

Hi all,

I've been in conversations with a motivated seller that I'm not sure how to help. She owns a small triplex that ARV's at 315k however she's told me that she owes 390k to the bank. She is tired of being a landlord and wants to sell the house to me and I scrambling to find a way to help her as well as meet my investment strategy: (ARV x .7) - (rehab + fixing cost.) = MAO. If I were to buy the property, my fiancee and I would live in one unit and rent the other 2 units.

She's receiving a report on her to date pay off amount from her bank tomorrow and wants me to consider the price they give her as a talking point for  the purchase price.  I'm not sure if she qualifies for a short sale because she said she is in a loan re modification time period now.  

I am inexperienced and wondering if there are any ways to make the deal work or at least point her in the right direction.  Thanks all!

0Reply
9 views

Most Popular Reply

Theresa HarrisPro Member
Member since 2019 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
7y

@Courtney Rollins  You want to pay what the house is worth (or less to get a deal).  What she owes to the bank is irrelevant. 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Theresa HarrisPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    7y

    @Courtney Rollins  You want to pay what the house is worth (or less to get a deal).  What she owes to the bank is irrelevant. 

  • Member since 2017 · 27 posts · 17 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Theresa Harris:

    @Courtney Rollins  You want to pay what the house is worth (or less to get a deal).  What she owes to the bank is irrelevant. 

     Minus acquisition costs. 

  • Wholesaler · Durham, NC · Member since 2018 · 157 posts · 50 votes
    7y

    Thanks to you both.  I will continue to follow up. 

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    This will be a short sale, period.  You will Not get it at 70% of value, period.  She needs to just list it with an Experienced short sale agent.

  • Wholesaler · Durham, NC · Member since 2018 · 157 posts · 50 votes
    7y
    Got it. Thank you for taking the time to share. 

    Originally posted by @Wayne Brooks:

    This will be a short sale, period.  You will Not get it at 70% of value, period.  She needs to just list it with an Experienced short sale agent.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.