Harrison Smoske
  • Burlington, MA
Votes |
Boston, MA looking for first REI deal

Harrison Smoske
  • Burlington, MA
Posted Jun 24 2019, 18:54

Hello all,

My name is Harrison and I am from/live in Boston, MA and I am looking to get into real estate investing. I am new to biggerpockets but have read a couple of the biggerpockets books and listened to over 25 podcasts. I am newly out of college with a small amount of loan debt, but I also only have a small amount of cash. I have a full time job in Boston but the hours are great, 11am-7pm. I figure this could play to my advantage as I would have morning hours to make phone calls and appear places before work.

My question to the community is starting out what folks would recommend. I have been looking into a couple duplexes’ and some 3-4 doors. I would love to house hack with those but don’t know what the numbers would truly be financially, and quite frankly I don’t know how much work it really is to manage that by myself. My other option was to save up for one year and keep gaining connections and purchase a single family with a 20% down payment. I am not sure which options would work best for myself and I guess it boils down to me being intimidated and scared to pull the trigger until I am comfortable.

(Sorry for such a long post folks but I have so many questions as a newcomer)

Thank you,

Harrison

Loading replies...