New To Real Estate could use some advice!

1 Reply

Hello everyone, I recently made a transition from car sales to Real estate. Currently licensed in Dallas TX.  I find this transition very difficult because of being used to 60 hr weeks and always being busy and involved with sales. I Hate all the free time that i have and how slow Real estate is. I dont know how to fill up my day. I am open to learn flipping,wholesaling,rentals or even working as an agent.

I would really appreciate any advice on how to get Started within Real estate and get busy!

Thanks.

Yousef, I'm largely in the same boat as you. While I'm still new to real estate, I've changed "career" fields several times, and the same principles seem to hold. The first two steps are education and networking, and that can fill a LOT of time and save you from making costly mistakes (or so I'm told!). My main resources so far have been the BP website forums, podcasts, books, and YouTube channel, and the Derosa Group's (Matt Faircloth's) Youtube channel. May I suggest Josh and Brandon's book "How to Invest in Real Estate: The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Getting Started" as a great starting point. Frankly, anything these guys produce is worth a read/listen.

I'm about 6-12 months out from being ready to make my first move, so I share your eagerness. In the meantime, I've also been interviewing buying agents, loan officers, and real estate attorneys to assemble my team. Despite the lack of immediate return, these folks are more than happy to talk to me as I initiate relationships. Lastly, I'm getting ready for my first local REI meeting next week. And the best part is that doing all of this makes the real estate investment experience come to life as much as possible before your first investment.

Between educating yourself and building your "tribe," you should be able to fill quite a bit of spare time. I've also found YouTube videos in the vein of, "Things I wish I would've known when I started" to be incredibly useful. After all, the best way to learn is from mistakes, but they certainly don't have to be your own.

Best of luck with your investments. Stay smart!

Ben