Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Mark Harris
Votes |
Advice on buying from out of state before moving

Mark Harris
Posted Jul 15 2019, 17:53

Hey everyone new guy here. Been reading a lot in the forums and I’ve decided I want to house hack to get started. Ultimately my goal is to own enough properties to quit my regular job or atleast set me up for a comfortable life/retirement. Research has answered most all of my questions, but one answer I can’t find is this. I currently live in New York, but I want to move back south specifically to the surrounding Nashville, TN area. I currently am saving money and I want to purchase a 2-4plex down there and house hack, but I want to do this before I make the move. I know I love the area and it’s where I want to be, but I don’t want to waste my money on renting an apartment. I would much rather just purchase and house hack so my question is, how can I do that? I will be quitting my job and getting a new job down there so how will that affect me getting a loan if they know I will be leaving my current job? I make a decent living here financially, have great credit, and my only debt is my car payment, so I’m sure I can qualify for the loan. Will I basically be forced to live there and rent for a year to show a lender stability and an income or will that not be an issue if I purchase a property while still working and living in NY, but knowing I’ll be leaving?

Loading replies...