Next read Steve Berges or Brian Murray

3 Replies

Which one would you recommend to get started Steve Berges’s “ Buying and selling apartment buildings” or Brian Murray’s “ crushing it “.

Also on my list is Brandon Turner’s “Book on rental property investing”

Thank you

@Manmath D. Steve Burgess's book literally started my investing career. I often think of that book fondly, as I am living the value add apartment investing life now! I will say that the book doesn't go deeply into the mechanics off how the business works, but it gives you a framework and paints a picture of the strategy that convinces you that buy and hold is rubbish! 

Originally posted by @John Warren :

@Manmath D. Steve Burgess's book literally started my investing career. I often think of that book fondly, as I am living the value add apartment investing life now! I will say that the book doesn't go deeply into the mechanics off how the business works, but it gives you a framework and paints a picture of the strategy that convinces you that buy and hold is rubbish! 

@John Warren thank you for your feedback. I'm already 6 chapters in and enjoying Berges's book. I'm trying to soak it in as much as I can. I have Brian Murry's and Brandon Turner's book lined up next. Trying build my foundation on this subject. I'll have some capital by next year and plan to use it wisely. I definitely need to start analyzing as many deals as possible on daily/weekly basis tho. Thank you appreciate the feed back. 

Promotion
Apartments.com
List, Screen, Lease, Get Paid, Manage.
No Better Place to Lease Your Place
Owners rely on the #1 rental site to get the best results from their rental properties.
Get Started Now

I love Brain Murray! He's one of the best I have learned from. His BP interview and book give a great overview of his process. Also great are Ken McElroy's Advanced Guide to Real Estate Investing and Gary Keller's The Millionaire Real Estate Investor. Good luck!

Geoff Walcha