BP Conference worth it for new investor ?

26 Replies

@Vernon Trice III that's really a loaded question. If you're in a position to comfortably afford it and have it not effect your investment budget, personal savings, etc and you are serious about investing then I am sure you will get more than enough out of it to turn it into a very good investment that you will see great returns on

You grow best when you're surrounded by like minded individuals. I think you will leave the conference feeling more inspired and motivated towards your goal of financial freedom. As long as it's not an uncomfortable amount for you I think it is worth the investment. 

Some people would be better off taking their money and putting it down on red or black on the roulette table because they won't take action anyway. But other people use the knowledge and end up building real estate portfolios. It's less about the program and more about the person.

Originally posted by @Jason May :

@Vernon Trice III I have been wondering the same thing. I only live about 45 mins from Nashville so that is making it more tempting for me.

Hey Jason I live in Huntsville which is only 1.5 hours away. That distance is not that far but going to the conference I feel might benefit me going but I think there needs to be a plan and goal before I make that decision to go.

Originally posted by @Bryan Devitt :

@Vernon Trice III that's really a loaded question. If you're in a position to comfortably afford it and have it not effect your investment budget, personal savings, etc and you are serious about investing then I am sure you will get more than enough out of it to turn it into a very good investment that you will see great returns on

I didn't mean it as a loaded questions. I am just asking the question "how much value would I get out of the conference versus using that money to invest in something else"

Originally posted by @Lien Vuong :

You grow best when you're surrounded by like minded individuals. I think you will leave the conference feeling more inspired and motivated towards your goal of financial freedom. As long as it's not an uncomfortable amount for you I think it is worth the investment. 

Hey Lien thanks ! I am a motivated person already and I can see the benefits of more motivation but at this time I think i need to get connected with someone to propel my real estate career. What do you think?

What are your plans for your RE career? Have you just started? You can consider joining a team or doing a coaching program .. I've found immense value in those things. 

Originally posted by @Mike Dymski :

Some people would be better off taking their money and putting it down on red or black on the roulette table because they won't take action anyway.  But other people use the knowledge and end up building real estate portfolios.  It's less about the program and more about the person.

Haha I will not put it on black or red haha but hopefully I get connected with someone there and they see my determination, effort, perseverance and dedication to the craft. That way I may be beneficial to them and their business in return for them teaching me what I need to know.

@Vernon Trice III

The biggest benefit you will gain will be from the atmosphere. Being around like minded people, being immersed in the culture, industry, etc. That and the medium of communication.

The knowledge will be available in books, podcasts, forums. The medium of communication will be better absorbed due to someone actually standing in front of you and talking.

It will be a big motivator that's for sure. It just depends on what you need. 

@Vernon Trice III

I'm attending the conference!

I think it really depends on what you hope/plan to achieve while at the meeting. If the goal is to just to sit, listen and not network, I'd say save your money for your investments and watch their podcasts. I won't write off the fact that as a beginner, it's easy to feel small and intimidated in large meetups and conferences. I've been there, there was a NYC meetup that @Brandon Turner flew in to speak and it was my first one. Luckily it was just a $20 event but I tried my hardest to get the most out of the group and even got a picture with the man himself. I'm planning to network/add value to whomever I can/introduce myself to people and get as much out the BP Conference therefore, it'll be worth every penny to me.

Let me know if you attend!

As stated above already, it depends on the person. Are you going to network and speak to as many people as you can while you are there? Are you ready and willing to take action should you meet someone that you might could do business with?  If those answers are yes then go.  If you feel you still need a lot more education before actually purchasing something then you can get that in other forms for much cheaper. Also, if a thousand dollars is a material amount in your budget for investing then no it probably doesn't make sense at this time. 

I personally think these types of things can be very helpful and inspiring to a person that is READY & WILLING to take ACTION and get the most out of the conference. 

@Jay Hutchinson I am a team lead actually because I started my RE career with a lot of investing experience and a strong network already. For the the value of a team as a new agent is that you have guidance, leads, and training to help you with your first 10-20 deals. The barrier of entry into a RE career is not high but sustaining in the field is the real challenge. Hopefully your team will help you build the foundation for future success and "teach you to fish" if you will.

Originally posted by @Luka Milicevic :

@Vernon Trice III

The biggest benefit you will gain will be from the atmosphere. Being around like minded people, being immersed in the culture, industry, etc. That and the medium of communication.

The knowledge will be available in books, podcasts, forums. The medium of communication will be better absorbed due to someone actually standing in front of you and talking.

It will be a big motivator that's for sure. It just depends on what you need. 

After looking at the agenda there are many topics that interest that would aid in my knowledge but (according to the schedule) few networking opportunities. Which would be the reason I would go. But I agree with you that the atmosphere and the people are the key. That's why I am leaning strongly to going.

Originally posted by @Jay Hutchinson :

@Vernon Trice III That’s the same question that I was wondering. I understand that there is value in being around people that are doing what you are inspiring to do, but when you’re just starting out and your funds are limited, you want to make the right choice.

Exactly and that's the reason for this post. I have received a lot of good responses as well.

Originally posted by @Lien Vuong :

@Jay Hutchinson I am a team lead actually because I started my RE career with a lot of investing experience and a strong network already. For the the value of a team as a new agent is that you have guidance, leads, and training to help you with your first 10-20 deals. The barrier of entry into a RE career is not high but sustaining in the field is the real challenge. Hopefully your team will help you build the foundation for future success and “teach you to fish” if you will. 

Lien the future is learning how to fish and not have someone do it for you. Are you attending the conference ? Would love to connect with you and gain some wisdom.