I am thinking about buying my very first rental property, which is a 3-bedroom, 2.5 bathrooms, single-family house in Puyallup, WA. Upon my visit, I know the house needs wall repainting, replacing bathroom tiles, installing 3 doors, and renewing kitchen sinks.
I am very inexperienced when it comes to these fixes and def want to avoid all of that work myself.
1. Who should I hire to get renovation costs?
2. How do I find people who are competent and honest on pricing?
3. Lastly, how do I find good inspectors (if I decide to buy the property) in order to look out for more serious repairs (i.e. structural, etc.)
Thank you all!
1. request bids from several contractors and pick the best bidder. I don't know that you need to specifically hire someone to get renovation cost.
2. I feel a referral is best. ask around
Congratulations on your first rental Jimmy! Super exciting.
Your best bet is to get 3 quotes and to also let the contractors know your are getting quotes to ensure a good price.
Robert Jones at South Sound Inspections is great and he is in Puyallup.