• Watervliet, MI
Votes |
Finish 2019 strong my friends

Rick Stevens
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Watervliet, MI
Posted Aug 3 2019, 19:07

A year and a half ago, I was kicking tires on getting into REI. I had an absolutely terrible first landlording experience with friends and family that left me so very frustrated (different post one day maybe). My wife and I were flipping our first house and learning how tough of a business that is for a newbie who "loves" the idea, but hasn't lived the model.

Time for a change:

Fast forward 18 months.  Full time job, full time family, full time pastor, and from 0-12 rental doors.  This year I added a 4 plex with a restaurant down stairs and 2 single families.  Cash flow from those 3 purchases $1750 a month.   Now looking to finish the year strong!  I plan to purchase at least two more small multi's to finish off the year.

Listen.  If you're kicking the tires, what are you waiting for?  Get in and drive friend!  I went from zero $ in passive income to nearly $3k a month in 18 months.  Small town super busy guy, playing it conservative, walked a lot of doors and made a lot of offers.  Found a mentor (coach) to help me along.  

I hope you raise your hand and say "Put me in Coach."   Stop listing reasons not to, and try it if you've done your research.