• Rental Property Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
Income while working deals?

Brandon Blackfin
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Posted Aug 19 2019, 09:58

I currently have two businesses, a small construction company and a small real estate business with two rental properties. I want to get more involved in my rental/real estate business because that is where I see my families future. The issue I have is when I work on deals and getting investors for my real estate business it takes time away from me being able to do my construction business and thats what pays the bills. Real estate for me right now is just growing wealth but I currently dont receive any "paycheck" from it just tenants paying off existing loans and bank account getting a little bigger each month. 

Question is this: How can I bring in any type of income while im spending time working deals and seeking investors. Lets say I do real estate 3 days a week and construction 2. How can bring in any money that im missing out on construction money those 3 days riding around doing deals? Is there a fee or charge that I could work into deals that will give me some income? 

Looking at this objectively I want to tell myself that the end goal of the deals (that may take 3-6 months) will be a lump a cash that is my income and that I have to be patient and thats how this business is. Thanks for help everyone!

Loading replies...