Investing without money

5 Replies

Hello people,

I’ve been thinking a lot lately. I’ve got some spare money but not enough to buy my first house as that will still take up some time. How would you start investing in my case? REITs just got licensed in Portugal and I’ve also read about real estate crowdfunding. Do you guys think I should look further into it? Also I’ve been thinking about renting out some apartments in student’s towns for subleasing each room individually.

I’m open for discussions and tips. Thank you people, this is such a great community.

Bernardo Bento

@Bernardo Bento sounds like you have some great options! 

What are your long term goals? Then I would work backwards and see which real estate path best helps you reach  your goals. Your goals may not tell you exactly which ventures to choose but it should help eliminate which ones to stay away from. 

Best of luck!

Hello @Cameron Tope thank you for the quick reply.

I know that I want to mostly buy & hold properties for some time and eventually sell them for capital gains, in order to reinvest and continuously grow my personal assets. Not really a fan of house flipping, but who knows what future brings me, right? I always keep and eye open for opportunities and if they also present themselves that way, I won’t miss them.

I’m a fan of letting because that will provide me with some passive income so I can focus on what matters the most to me which is providing value to society through whatever ways I can. But that’s another story.

Promotion
BiggerPockets
The one-stop-shop for REI
Find Local Home Improvement Pros!
Check out our network of trusted, local contractors for all of your home improvement projects.
Find a Contractor
TOriginally posted by @Bernardo Bento:

Hello @Cameron Tope thank you for the quick reply.

I know that I want to mostly buy & hold properties for some time and eventually sell them for capital gains, in order to reinvest and continuously grow my personal assets. Not really a fan of house flipping, but who knows what future brings me, right? I always keep and eye open for opportunities and if they also present themselves that way, I won’t miss them.

I’m a fan of letting because that will provide me with some passive income so I can focus on what matters the most to me which is providing value to society through whatever ways I can. But that’s another story.

Take a look at the BRRRR strategy if you haven't, I dunno how it works in Portugal though. The refinance seems a bit harder here.

If you want to discuss this further we can meet on other socials to chat up a bit. I understand you're a realtor in Lisbon, I'm actually one too but in Braga and my focus is on investing and creating steady income from rentals. Ideally multi-fraction buildings and have a specialized team to manage them.

Cheers

Hi @Bernardo Bento and @Joao Guimaraes, I'm from Portugal too but from Lisbon.

Actually, I was at a networking event yesterday and met some Portuguese mortgage brokers, I asked specifically about refinancing in order to do the brrrr strategy, they said it's tricky because of the appraisal (we already know that) but that it is totally possible here. For what I could get it is worth working with someone like that and it is a free service for us, they get a commission from the bank for bringing them the client, attention I just met them yesterday and didn't have the opportunity to get all the details, but that's the overall picture I got.

Hope this helps and I'm here to help however I can or meetup or something!